Do you have a little girl who likes to play with your lipstick all the time? But you know that your lipstick is not safe to eat, right? So why not make a DIY edible lippie that’s safe for your child to munch on? If this sounds interesting to you, check out this tutorial on how to make a tasty and colorful edible lipstick for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An empty lipstick container
- 5ml oral syringe
- Coconut oil
- Cotton candy melts
- Baking/cooking utensils
As I mentioned above, this tutorial is easy and quick. See the ingredients? You actually need only two ingredients to make your DIY edible lipstick, the coconut oil and the cotton candy melts. So let’s get started!
- Cut the tip of the 5ml oral syringe. Use a new syringe as much as possible to ensure that it’s clean. It doesn’t cost much so buying a new one wouldn’t hurt your pocket.
- In a bowl, put 6 pieces of cotton candy melt and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Heat the ingredients in a microwave for 60 seconds.
- When the ingredients are all melted, stir them together using a spoon. Set aside.
- Now, take the syringe plunger and insert it to the opposite side (the side you cut).
- Put a funnel on top of the syringe opening where you removed the plunger.
- Pour the candy mixture into the funnel. Make sure that it’s not too hot.
- Remove the funnel and refrigerate the syringe in an upright position for 15 minutes.
- Take the syringe out of the fridge. Push the plunger upwards to get the candy out of the syringe.
- Place the formed candy into the empty lipstick container. Reminder: you should have thoroughly cleaned the lipstick container before doing this step.
- Finally, try your DIY edible lipstick and use it as a regular lippie. It should leave some color on your lips and should taste so yummy too!
Did you like this tasty and colorful edible lipstick for kids? If so, give it a share on Facebook!