I have not mastered the art of baking. But I’d love to one day. That’s why I am always on the lookout for delicious recipes on YouTube that I can try at home.
Well, YouTube never fails me. Today, I found a beautifully filmed video that teaches how to steam bake an extra fluffy sponge cake. The music is so relaxing while the cake looks very soft and yummy. And so, I didn’t hesitate to make one for my family.
If you, too, would like to whip up an extra fluffy sponge cake at the comfort of your own kitchen, follow the recipe below.
Here’s the list of what you’ll need:
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter
- 8 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp and 8 tbsp sugar
- 12 tbsp cake flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cream of tartar
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- In a small pan, mix the butter and milk. Cook over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add 4 tbsp sugar. Whisk.
- Now, gradually add 4 egg yolks while constantly stirring.
- Then, sift the cake flour on top of the batter. Mix well.
- Sift the remaining cake flour and add the salt. Continue stirring then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites with cream of tartar.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients together while gradually adding 8 tbsp of sugar. Set aside.
- Go back to the cake batter. Strain to make it extra smooth.
- When done, add the egg whites mixture and fold them together using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a cake mold.
- Proceed with baking through a hot water bath or steam baking. The procedure requires you to put hot water in the baking pan. Place the cake mold on top and bake at 130c for 40 minutes.
- When baking is finished, let the sponge cake cool for 15 minutes inside the oven before removing.
Serve and enjoy! Are you ready to try this extra fluffy sponge cake recipe now? Don’t forget to share this post with your friends on Facebook!