Pancakes are so perfect for breakfast or brunch. Especially when you top them with your favorite berries, chocolate, bananas or peaches. They are just delectable and yummy!
However, I know not everyone can whip up a light and fluffy pancake at home. That’s why I want to put an end to that simple problem. You really don’t need to be an expert in the kitchen to surprise your family with delicious and soft pancakes. You just have to know the secret to making them fluffy and light.
With the right amount of baking powder, your batter will surely result into soft and tasty pancakes.
Baking powder reacts immediately with moisture to produce carbon dioxide. The cO2, then, gets trapped within your pancake batter. When the mixture is exposed to heat, baking powder will again produce carbon dioxide. This explains why pancake recipes with baking powder rise and become more fluffy when cooked.
If you’re ready to make some pancakes today, check out the recipe below.
Here’s the list of what you’ll need:
- 1½ cups flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups of milk
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, salt). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and add the milk.
- Pour the melted butter and vanilla essence to the mixture and gently whisk until the egg is well incorporated.
- Now back to the dry ingredients. Make a well and pour the wet mixture into the center.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold the batter until there’s no more presence of large lumps.
- Cook and serve with your favorite toppings.
You’re done! Are you ready for your breakfast or brunch? Enjoy your light and fluffy pancakes now! And don’t forget to share this recipe on Facebook.