Fidget Spinner Found Inside Texas Girl’s Throat; Mother Sends Warning

Fidget Spinner found in girl's throat
Advertisement
Advertisement

A Texas mom warns parents about the potential choking hazard of this seemingly harmless toy. What am I talking about? The newest “cool” toy in town – the fidget spinner.

It was supposed to be a regular happy drive to home when Kelly Rose Joniec noticed her daughter, Britton, retching from the back seat. The 10-year-old girl turned red and covered with drool as she was trying to speak. Alarmed by the situation, the mother had to pull over to check what was going on.

Joniec didn’t see it coming! When she went to her daughter, the kid pointed at her throat and said she had swallowed something. Knowing that Heimlich Maneuver could help, Joniec did her best to perform the lifesaving first aid procedure.

However, she found no success in expelling the object. Frightened that it could choke her daughter further, the mother sent the child to the nearest healthcare facility. Unfortunately, though, the medical practitioners couldn’t identify the location of the piece.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Thankfully, Joniec and Britton were able to rush to the Texas Children’s Hospital before everything was too late. The doctors were able to trace the fidget spinner inside the youngster’s esophagus.

Fidget Spinner
Fidget Spinner

Because of the complicated location of the fidget spinner, Britton had to undergo a surgery. The doctors apparently had to insert an endoscopic device to pick up the object inside her esophagus. The good news is, the operation was successful and the girl is now perfectly safe.

Though everything went from a weird choking from the back seat to a pretty scary surgery at the hospital, Britton actually learned a lesson. In addition, her mother realized something from their experience as well. And that is to always, always, always take note of the choking hazards accompanying all children toys.

Joniec shared their story on Facebook to send a warning to all parents about the potential dangers of fidget spinners. “Britton was taken to surgery to endoscopically locate and remove the object. Fortunately, we had a positive outcome, but it was pretty scary there for a while…not only because of the initial ingestion, but then the concern about the composition and structure of the object, and finally, the risk with general anesthesia,” wrote the mother in a post.

Go to the next page to see the video.


Advertisement

Leave a Reply

avatar