Bath bombs make bath time more fun. Some of them make your skin feel softer and smoother while enjoying their luxurious scent. If you are fond of bath bombs, then I’m glad you found this post. Today, I’m going to share a DIY aromatic bath bomb recipe with a twist!
Instead of making a regular round-shaped bath bomb, I want to make one that looks like a cupcake. I learned this from YouTube and I know you guys would love it too. Let’s start!
Cupcake Bath Bomb Base Ingredients
- 1 cup of Baking soda
- 1/2 cup of sea salt
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- essential oils of your choice
- First, combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Second, heat the coconut oil for 10 seconds in the microwave to liquify.
- When done, add it to the mixture and mix well.
- Next, pour some drops of your chosen essential oils to make it an aromatic bath bomb. You decide how much oils you want to put. The more oil you add, the stronger it smells. Mix the ingredients well.
- Then, spray some water on the mixture. Around five sprays should be enough. Mix again.
- Now, scoop a portion of the mixture using your hands. Squeeze tightly. If it can hold its shape, then your DIY cupcake bath bomb base should be ready for molding.
- Mold it using something the resembles the base of a real cupcake. You can use a measuring cup.
- Lastly, release the bath bomb from the mold and set aside.
Cupcake Bath Bomb Frosting Ingredients
- 3 tbsp of meringue powder
- 4 tbsp of hot water
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp of food colorant
- Combine the meringue powder and hot water in a bowl using a hand mixer.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix until it creates a firm peak.
- Put some food colorant and continue mixing until the frosting is covered with color.
- Now fill a piping bag with the mixture and pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake bath bomb base you made earlier.
- Add some sprinkles on top to make it look like a real cupcake.
You’re done! Just let your DIY cupcake bath bomb dry for three to four days before use. When ready, dip some of it in your tub and enjoy the aroma of your homemade cupcake bath bomb!