Do not leave your things unattended. And don’t dare leaving even a nice hot coffee on the table as a curious pet might have a sip and enjoy it.
Some of us usually leave our coffee on our desk or coffee table until it gets cold and we forget about it. Are you guilty of this? I am!
It is actually funny when I prepare coffee to help me stay up late for my tasks and I end up sleeping on the couch. As for my coffee, well, it just remains untouched the whole night. But I didn’t know that leaving my coffee cup on the table can pose risks to my pets. Which is why I was alarmed when I saw the news about this monkey who suffered from caffeine overdose.
Upon seeing it, I was actually shocked, whaaaat? An animal having a caffeine overdose?
Most of us love coffee. It is part of our daily routine to keep us awake and give us that energy boost we need to start our day. We need caffeine to keep us up and get going.
What we all do not realize is how it affects our animal friends, like the monkey in our story. An overdose of caffeine in animals can lead to unconsciousness and other possible complications. And the little monkey I am talking about experienced just that.
After consuming a brew he stole from a random tourist, the baby monkey collapsed and remained unconscious for 10 hours! Well, it could be that the monkey was thirsty and thought that whatever was in the cup can quench his thirst. But he didn’t realize it was coffee! A drink that could put his life at risk.
Go to the next page to see the video.