If you are confused what a baked whipped egg whites and sugar is, let’s just call it meringue.
Meringue is a simple snack that you can bake anytime you like. But, those who are new into baking apparently have trouble in getting its perfect form.
Sometimes baked meringue comes out too soft while some are a little too hard. So what’s the tip to get the perfectly baked whipped egg whites and sugar?
Well, it’s simple! Just make sure that your mixture forms soft peaks that could curl over after turning off the electric mixer.
See in baking meringue, you need to have a stand mixer or any electric food mixer to whip the egg whites and the confectioner’s sugar. If you have properly beaten the mixture, then you should be good to go!
If you want a refresher on how to make a basic perfectly baked meringue, check out the recipe below.
- 250g confectioner’s or icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Separate 4 egg whites from the yolk and pour into the electric mixer.
- While the mixer is turned on, add 250g of confectioners or icing sugar gradually.
- This is the most important part: Continue beating the mixture until it forms soft peaks as mentioned above.
- When done, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- Turn off the mixer and pour the contents into a piping bag.
- In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe small rounds of the mixture until all spaces are occupied.
- Bake at 150 degrees celsius for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve and share!
So what are you waiting for? Try this basic meringue recipe now and don’t forget the secret I shared today! If you like this simple tutorial, share it on Facebook!